OPEN CALL: GRANT FOR INNOVATIVE IDEAS FOR ART IN PUBLIC SPACE
KcSyd (Konstnärscentrum Syd), in collaboration with the newly founded Plattform KcSyd, is offering 5 grants of
20,000 kr (incl. tax) for art projects in southern Sweden.
Plattform KcSyd works to strengthen the role of art and artists in the physical and digital public spaces. As part of this mission, we’re inviting artists with a connection to southern Sweden who are interested in working with artistic expression in public spaces.
Public space can mean a physical urban space in the traditional sense, but public space can also mean digital or imaginary spaces—or even spaces of the future. This grant does not require the project proposal to be realized.
This open call prioritizes artistic potential and visionary perspectives. We welcome applicants who plan to use the grant to develop a new project or further develop an existing project.
Through this new grant, Plattform KcSyd aims to promote artists' own initiatives for artistic expression in public space. We created this grant to both support artistic work and to increase visibility for new ideas about public artistic expression that are not controlled by an official client.
3 months after the grant has been distributed, the sketch will be presented to representatives from KcSyd. The completed proposal may also be exhibited.
KcSyd values a broad range of voices from different backgrounds and experience levels. We especially encourage applicants who are BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and/or of other marginalized identities.
• This grant is for artists of all skill levels. Beginners and professionals alike are equally encouraged to apply.
• The applicant must be based in or have a connection to southern Sweden (Skåne, Kronoberg, Kalmar, Blekinge counties)
• We do not require previous experience with public artworks in any sense. However, applicants must be able to work independently on their project proposals.
Applications should contain:
• Short text about your art
• Idea/project description (max. 1 A4 page)
• Example(s) of earlier work (max. 5 examples)
• CV med kontaktuppgifter
The application must be submitted to Plattform KcSyd by February 1, 2021 at 23:59.
Applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of four members: C. Grace Chang (curator at Skånes konstförening), Anita Larsson (president of KcSyd), Jamila Drott and Jan Marius Kiøsterud (Plattform KcSyd).
Upon approval, the following is expected:
• That the finished sketch includes a visualization of the concept in any format and scale. You may use, for example, a model/3D model, descriptive text, and/or material sample
• That the applicant will be available to present the finished sketch in May 2021.
In addition to a grant of 20,000 kr (incl. tax), we also offer a supervision meeting with an art consultant from KcSyd who has experience with leading projects for public artistic expression.
The application should be submitted to Plattform KcSyd by February 1, 2021 at 23:59.
Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and write SKISSBIDRAG 2021 in the subject line.
Konstnärscentrum Syd is an independent non-profit association that, today, organizes approximately 240 professional artists in Skåne, Kronoberg, Kalmar, and Blekinge counties. KcSyd works with the 1% rule and has the mission of creating more public assignments for artists in southern Sweden. KcSyd was founded in 1969 and has since been run by artists for artists.
ABOUT PLATTFORM KCSYD
Plattform KcSyd is a new artist-driven organization that works to strengthen and make available art and artists’ role in public space.